Media
Latest News
Moore Montessori Community School has been awarded a $400,000 grant from a U.S. Department of Education program for new charter schools.
Moore County’s third charter and first public Montessori school opened last month in Southern Pines with about 90 students in kindergarten through second grade. The school plans to serve grades K-6 by 2022.
This week, U.S. Representative Richard Hudson (NC-08) traveled across the eighth district to meet with Emergency Management officials and other local leaders, learn more about response and recovery efforts, and talk with constituents in shelters about the impact of Hurricane Florence.
On Tuesday, Rep. Hudson met with Cabarrus County Manager Mike Downs and spoke with and thanked emergency management officials for their efforts.
As the state’s death toll from Florence climbed to 27 on Wednesday, residents in waterlogged Stanly County pushed forward.
CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. - State inspectors are assessing bridges that flooded as Hurricane Florence devastated North Carolina, but the North Carolina Department of Transportation says it's too early to provide a timeline for repairs.
Channel 9 found inspectors at bridges in Cabarrus County Tuesday who said they've worked 50 hours in four days.
In some cases, bridges are opened immediately after inspection, if road workers determine they're safe. But officials are asking drivers to be patient with bridges that were damaged by floodwaters and remain closed.
As bright skies and warm temperatures evaporated lingering puddles on Tuesday, Rowan County’s two congressmen took time to learn how locals fared during the weekend storm.
Reps. Richard Hudson, R-8, and Ted Budd, R-13, were briefed on county impacts by Chief of Emergency Services Chris Soliz.
Across the county, 264 storm-related phone calls have been recorded since the weather began late Friday. Most of these have addressed down power lines, trees and similar hazards.